Monday, April 30, 2012

2nd Trimester Labwork

Since I was the late person at work today, I decided to get my 2nd Trimester labs done prior to work.  Everything came back unremarkable except my 1 hour glucose draw.  I "failed" it.  My level came back at 142 and I should be below 131.  So this weekend I get to go for the 3 hour glucose draw.  On the bright side of it, the lab I'm going to go to is next door to Target.  So I might stop in a pick out a dress for my shower.  I shouldn't say might, I know I will.  Plus that is one less thing I will need to do the following week.  I already know how the morning is going to go, and I'm dreading it.  This morning when I was doing my 1 hour another woman was doing her 3 hour.  So the way it is going to go is I fast after midnight, arrive at the lab, get a finger stick to make sure my sugars are at a safe level to do the test, get my first draw, drink that nasty orange drink, and get stuck every hour until it's over.  If I fail the 3 hour, I get to be referred to an endocrinologist.  I already know that it is because of my diet.  I have been having a sweet tooth almost the entire pregnancy.  So it looks like I need to cut back on my sugar intake tremendously.

On a more positive note, our neighbor has generously given us some baby stuff.  We got a pack-n-play, swing, exersaucer, and travel system.  This weekend, or next, we are going to clean the stuff up real good and maybe take 1 or 2 items off our registry.  But we both think that the duplicates would be great for his mom's house for the days when we're down there for dinner or when she's watching our LO.    My parents already have stuff from my niece so they really don't need it.  So either way, this was win-win.  Plus if/when my SIL has children, or we have more, there is stuff already there hopefully still in good condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment