Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hospital Tour/25 Week Update

Today J & I took a tour of labor and delivery as well as the mother baby unit where I will be delivering.  It was completely surreal.  I just couldn't believe that we were there getting ready for our little one.  The rooms in labor and delivery were quite spacious and even relaxing.  Best part is the nourishment station.  J will have unlimited access to coffee and water right down the hall.  He will also be able to get me snow cones if I want.  We then ventured upstairs to mother baby.  The rooms are a bit smaller, but you're only there for 2-3 days.  I'm relieved to know that I can have my laptop and cell there.  I may not need the laptop, but in the even I need extra entertainment or J does at least it's there.  We'll see if I even take it.  My main concern was where do I go if I go into labor in the middle of the night.  I was completely shocked to know that the hospital has the front entrance open 24/7.  Which does make sense because the ER is completely on the other side of the hospital.  I would imagine it would take awhile to get to L&D that way.  Being there just made me more excited and nervous for the big day.  


How far along: 25 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain/loss:  Total I am up 7 lbs.  Last Sunday was a horrible day.  I was sick all day long, I think I spent most of it in the bathroom.  I could not keep anything in my system for the life of me.  From that day, and night, I dropped 5 pounds but quickly gained that back by Thursday.
How big is Baby: Baby is about the size of an eggplant.

Maternity Clothes: Yup.  My jeans are now starting to fit a little bit better.  I still have to tug at them every now and then to pull them up.  Just bought a nice stock of maternity shirts and tees from Craving Style.  Spent about $54, not bad for 8 items.  Now I won't feel that much of a dirt ball going into work now.  My shirt supply dwindled down to about 2-3 rotating shirts.  Plus it's getting warmer out, so I'll be able to pull off an appropriate tank under my smock.  If anyone is interested the website is cravingstyle.com.
Sleep: Sleep is alright...some nights.  About a week ago I began waking with back and hip pain, not fun when I have been having long days sitting and scheduling procedures.  So I resorted to sleeping on an incline with a pillow behind my back.  Lifesaver!!!!  I'm getting almost a full nights sleep, with 1 bathroom trip.
Movement: Yes and it is amazing.  The last couple of days I've been noticing my stomach move with her kicks.  It's very alien like and I love it, especially when I drink I large glass of OJ.  She gets very active after that.  There were some days this week where she scared me.  I had about 2 days this week where she barely moved, but she was just resting.  Still scared me compared to how active she has been.
Food cravings:  still oreos, bananas, and saltine crackers.  I'm not sure why the saltine crackers.  That was pretty much all I ate for 1 day last week when I was sick and now I can't get enough of them
Food aversions: none really.  
Gender: It's a girl.
Symptoms:  Some fatigue by the end of the day and slightly swollen ankles.  I've been getting more clumsy and forgetful as the weeks progress.  Starting to get some more sciatic pain too.  I think I'm starting to nest.  
Best moment this week:  I'm going to say my nesting.  I haven't seen my living room this clean in awhile and I have plans on other rooms for the upcoming weeks as well as "small" projects.  
What I am looking forward to:  Setting up our Little One's crib and nursery.  My baby shower that is set for May 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment