Sunday, August 7, 2011

Here We Go Again

Friday morning I went to Dr. M's office for my baseline u/s.  Everything looks good again and all clear: no cysts, lining looks good, and I have a small unmeasurable follie growing on my left side.  Cycle #5 plan:  begin Follistim injections today 8/7 at 50 i.u., go back Wednesday morning for a monitoring appt,  then go back in Friday for my final monitoring appt as well as my PK test, and then I will finally trigger with Novarel on Friday (hopefully) and then I will follow the trigger with a Novarel booster.  My RE wanted to decrease my Follistim to hopefully calm my body down.  He thinks that maybe my body was allowing my follies to progress to fast during some cycles but not let my hormones stay on the same course as the follies.  So he is hoping that this helps.  So I will remain on 50 i.u. until my first monitoring appt and will most likely be increasing to 75 i.u. to finish out for the last 2 days.  I have been trying to plan the PK test for awhile now and both my coordinator and myself have been stressing this would never get done.  J normally leaves for work at 4 or 5 in the morning and it is usually difficult to "prepare" for the test at 4 am.  Anyways, when I told her we would actually be able to do this test on this cycle it was a relief.  I was hoping my Dr. M would be available to do it, but  he is unfortunately out of the office and his colleague can't do it.  So my coordinator was free to do so.  As long as it gets done right?!  And to explain the Novarel booster...I must have had a weak ovulation last cycle.  My p4 and e2 were way off and were not in the ranges they were suppose to be.  So Dr. M wants to add another Novarel injection to the protocol.

So that is what cycle #5 looks like for me on FSH medication.  I'm kind of fearful that this will not work yet again but also hopeful.  Dr. M said he sees most patients get pregnant on cycle 4 or 5 on these medications.  So in a way that is still giving me a little bit of hope let (not much though).  I'm still booked for my IVF consult on 8/26 with Dr. M.  Whether I'm pregnant this time or not, I feel the consultation will be very informative.  I think if IVF is my reality, it will be welcoming to say the least to know that there is an end in sight.  I know IVF is never a guarantee and it may take one or several cycles to achieve pregnancy, but I feel that I'm finally at that point where I know this will need to be done.

The only difficult task I have this month is surviving my little sisters baby shower at the end of the month that is the day after my IVF consult....

No comments:

Post a Comment