Friday, August 26, 2011

Appt Update

Needless to say, my IVF consult was some positive and some negative.  Was it informative...yes.  Was it overwhelming....yes.  My RE feels that this would be my best option to conceive now.  He feels that there is something going on with my eggs that is not allowing the sperm to connect with it.  So, with all that in mind, I was set to start preliminary testing in February....until I met with my coordinator.  She was the one who hit me with the bomb.  I was quoted a little over $10,400.  I almost have half of that, but not quite.  My RE assumed since my insurance covered IF testing and medications, then I didn't have to worry about mid cycle payments.  Well, he was wrong.  It is my preliminary testing and medications that will be covered...that is it.  I was actually excited to begin this process, but now I'm more stressed.  I need to come up with a better savings game plan.  I'm trying to come up with this as quickly as possible so I can get this over with.

Here is my preliminary testing list (from what I can remember): repeat CD 3hormone testing, blood type screening, HIV/hepititis screening, uterine cavity check, saline sonogram with mock transfer.  J has to do repeat SA and HIV/hepititis screening.  Now here is my tenative protocol for IVF:  BCP cycle prior, start Lupron injections starting on CD 21, Follistim injections, Repronex injections, and PIO injections after ER.  Fun right?!

Until then I'm going to concentrate on me.  I haven't done that in awhile.  I'm going to be healthier all around: mentally, emotionally, and physically.  I'm going to do more exercising to get my weight down for when I do happen to do IVF.  I would like to fix up my house a little bit.  Maybe find some cheap artwork to hang up.  I'm hoping that I can do this early next year, but am fully aware/prepared if I do not arrive there until next year.  Until then, all I can do is pray for a miracle and also fill out applications for some IVF grants/scholarships.  Somethings gotta give for me soon and work in my favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment