Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gotta Love It....(I guess)

My grandmother is relentless!!!!  I was talking to my dad yesterday and he told me a pretty funny story about a phone call my gram received.  Apparently my gram got a call from a physician's office that Jim has a medical condition and a reminder to take his medication.  So my gram is freaking out about why she got a call about my husband, if he's ok, how bad is this particular problem, etc.  Here is problem #1: The doctors office that called apparently does not know too much about HIPPA and the phone.  I never leave any medical information on a persons answering machine (only if the person consents to it and their machine/voicemail confirms it is them).  Problem #2:  My husband and his grandfather have the same name.  His grandfather and my grandmother's phone numbers are similiar but in my opinion not that similiar to mess up....But hey that is just me.  Problem 2 is the reasoning why you don't leave any type of medical information on someone's answering machine....you never know if you have the wrong number.  Anyways, I definately know it was not my Jim because he has not been to our PCP in about 2 years and has not had any labs done.  I have to make him go to the doctor and make the appointments as well. 

Anyways....Here is why my grandmother is relentless.  I called her yesterday to just hear what the message said and to give her peace of mind.  Well she started with the baby stuff again.  Here's the conversation:  "Hi Gram, it's Amy".  Gram: "How are you?  What's new?"  Me: "Nothing's new.  I was just with Dad".  Gram:  "What do you mean nothing's new?"  Me:  "It's exactly what I mean.  Nothing's new."  Gram:  (disappointed  voice) "Oh you sounded happy and you called me so I thought you had good news".  She never gives up!  She complains if I don't call her often, she thinks I have "good" news if I call her.  At least I didn't get the I want another great-grandchild before I die speach.

1 comment:

  1. i know she probably means well but i can imagine how frustrating it is to "disappoint" her. if only she could imagine how disappointing it is for you NOT to have good news. :T best of luck with your appointment!

    ReplyDelete