Wednesday, March 30, 2011

RE Visit

Today I finally got to see my RE.  I haven't seen him since January when I had my surgery.  Today my visit started with an endometrial biopy.  Let me tell you...that was not pleasant at all!  It was worse than the HSG.  It was 40 seconds of pure pain, cramps, and I shed a tear or two.  Needless to say, the Advil didn't work as expected.  So here is my new gameplan with my RE.  I will sit this cycle out.  My RE or my nurse will call me this Friday or Monday with my biopsy results.  If I happen to have some residual infection/inflammation going on, I will be back on an antibiotic and have another repeat biopsy...Let's hope it's all clear, I do not want to go through that again!  If I get the all clear, I start Follistim next cycle on CD 5-10 at 75 units.  I will continue with the HCG once I'm ready to ovulate and finish with the progesterone suppositories again.  The only downside to the Follistim is that I have to run to the RE office for an average of 2-4 monitoring appointments, but I have to do it so I don't run into any complications.  Thank goodness for sick and vacation time.  Once I go in for my final monitoring appointment, I will also do 1 post-coital test to see if the spermies are swimming without any problems.  My RE gave me 3-4 cycles on Follistim.  If there is no success, I will have the option of continuing with 1 or 2 more cycles of Follistim with a very low chance of anything happening OR I move onto IVF.  That is going to be a long conversation between me and Jim as well as my RE.  Hopefully it won't come down to that and my RE feels the same way.  He feels that I will benefit from the Follistim better than the Clomid. 

After my appointment today, I felt very hopeful and positive which has been a huge change in my attitude.  It also helped that I had a nice conversation with one of my co-workers on Monday.  Although are paths were different, our stories were oh so similar.  It was really nice to know someone who has been down the same road of disappointments, frustrations, and failed cycles of Clomid.  She now has two gorgeous newborn babies.  Thanks to her, she gave me back my positive thinking and gave me that spark of hope that I had lost a few months ago. 

At this time, I'm putting IVF in the back of my mind.  I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole at this time.  I believe my time will come and my journey could be happening for a reason.  I know it is helping my with my tolerance, patience, and overall well-being both mentally and physically.  And I know because of my journey, I will be the best mother I can and want to be.

Now I'm off to another appointment.  Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment