Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sigh...another rant

Yesterday started out pretty good.  It then got rather depressing for me.  Damn IF!!!  One of my co-workers, who is a dear friend of mine, is pregnant and due late March.  We talk periodically since we are now in different offices within the company.  I am really happy for her as I would be for any of my friends who become pregnant.  I'm actually excited to buy her gifts and hear about her journey.  While we were talking it seemed as though she was complaining a little bit.  She was saying how big she is, she's a cow, etc.  I didn't say anything, although I really wanted to.  In the back of my head, all I kept thinking was how lucky she is to be pregnant, to have the belly, and everything that comes with it.  I can't wait to go through every little thing with pregnancy, even the sickness that comes with it (and if anyone hears me complain I want them to smack me back to reality).  I wish some people knew what it felt like to get disappointed month after month when AF comes.  Especially when you are going through fertility treatments.  She asked me when I was going to try for one.  I stated that I was and am currently seeing a doctor for help.  I don't think she put two and two together.  Even though it was a slightly tough conversation, I will fully support her and be there the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment