Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Home From My Lap

Today I had my lap and hysteroscopy procedures.  The procedure went fairly well I didn't come out of anesthesia too well though.  I was in alot of pain from the hysteroscopy that I woke up crying my eyes out.  Once I got my pain meds everything settled down: the pain, the drowsiness.  My RE said everything went well and he didn't find anything.  He did take some specimens for a path report and I should get them next week.  He doesn't think anything will come from that either.  If the pathology comes up with something I will need an antibiotic or something to decrease the inflammation that is happening.  According to my RE this is all good news even if I need an antibiotic.  Once I meet with him in two weeks we will discuss my new medication(s) that I will be on and my new protocol.  Next cycle I will be moving onto injectible fertility medications.  If AF cooperates and holds off a bit, I will be able to start this upcoming cycle.  If not and she appears sooner than my RE and I would like, I will need to wait another cycle.  I am very excited to be moving on to the next step but also fearful.  I am fearful that injectables alone will not work and I may need to take a more invasive route.  Hopefully that will not be the case and I will have a good outcome with these meds.  Another thought that worries me is the travelling again.  At least with the clomid I new I only had to travel for one monitoring appointment.  The way it is looking with the injectables, I will need to be travelling for a few monitoring appointments.  My RE does new patient consults near my home and he has been trying to get monitoring appointments set up for his patients that are around that area.  Hopefully by the time I need these appointments, I will only need to drive 30 minutes each way rather than over an hour each eay.

I am getting drowsy again so off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment