Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1 Day Post Op

Today I feel better than expected.  I'm still bloated from the gas and swelling.  I do have some soreness when I get up and down, but nothing like yesterday.  I did, however, have a rough night sleeping.  I'm normally a side sleeper.  So last night I slept on a slight incline due to the gas and woke up every hour because of my turning.  Especially on my left side.  The gas automatically when to my right shoulder causing alot of pain in my joint.  I'm pretty tolerable with pain so I only took 1 Percocet last night before bed, which did help except for the gas pain unfortunately.  I'm contemplating taking one now for my soreness.  I feel it is not bad enough for this type of medication and may decrease to Ibuprofen. 

So now I just have to prepare for my shower which may or may not be painful.  Then I get to spend the rest of the day resting and napping with a possibility of returning to work tomorrow.  I don't see why I wouldn't be able to.  If I can get a majority of this gas out of me today, I should only have soreness around my incisions.  I got to speak with my RE nurse this morning for my post op call and everything is looking good on their end.  They are expecting me to get AF next week sometime which would be prior to my RE appt.  So it looks like I will be sitting out another cycle.  I guess in a way that is good.  It will give me time to heal more appropriately and get my new meds delivered. 

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment