Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Trials and Tribulations

Amaya had her follow up with her pediatrician on Friday and is growing like a weed.  She is now 10 lbs 4 oz and 23 inches long.  She does have a case of baby acne and cradle cap (or as I like to call it cradle crap).  Old wives tales say that breast milk helps get rid of the acne, but it hasn't done much for my little bug.  So my sister told me to try baby powder on her face.  Just put a bit in your hand and rub it on her face with your fingers.  Well, that actually worked.  It's not gone, but there is a noticeable difference.  Her face isn't as blotchy and the acne seems to be slowly decreasing.  With tonight's bath, I'm going to try baby oil for the cradle cap to see if that helps.

We also started to introduce Amaya to bottles on Friday.  This is not going well at all.  She'll take a little bit when J feeds her, but refuses when I do.  Which sucks because J is away on business for the next couple of days and she still needs to practice.  So we'll keep at it without daddy home.

On a positive note, she is now starting to smile with our interactions with her.  Which just melts my heart when I see her smile while awake.  Her nighttime sleeping has been getting better.....some nights.

Sorry this is so short today, but she has been very grutsy and has not napped for more than 45 minutes today.  Hopefully more to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment