Monday, May 21, 2012

Baby Shower/30 Week Update


Saturday was my baby shower and it was exactly how I pictured it.  My sister hosted it and did a great job with everything.  I am so thankful that she put it all together.  It was small, intimate, and relaxing.  There were pretty many people invited, but the turn out was on the light side.  Which I am fine with....I hate being the center of attention.  My niece took most of that away anyways.  Anyways, my daughter made out really well this weekend.  She got a lot of onsies, rompers, hats, mittens, bibs, blankets, hooded towels, and bath supplies.  She also got an exersaucer, swing, high chair, tub, toys, and her bedding set with mobile.  I got a boppy pillow with 2 really cute covers and the baby bullet.  I'm sure there is a lot more that I'm forgetting.  We are so grateful for everything that was given to us.  I'll have to post the photos when my aunt sends them to me.  I was going to wait to wash some of her things, but I really couldn't resist.  I started to wash somethings that I know I will be using right away and will be taking with me to the hospital.  I tried to restrain myself, but I really couldn't wait until the end of June/beginning of July.

Daddy also bought her a sleep buddy this weekend.  It's this glow worm that lights up and plays lullabyes.  It was soo cute.  He is really looking forward to her arrival.  While we are out shopping, he's finding toys, clothes, and other things he wants to get her.



How far along: 30 weeks, 4 days...66 days to go
Total weight gain/loss:  Total I am up 10 lbs.  I seem to be gaining .5 to a 1 lb/week now
How big is Baby: Baby is about the size of a cucumber.  
 Your 15.2- to 16.7-inch, 2.5- to 3.8-pound baby continues to grow
Maternity Clothes: Yes...It's been getting much warmer here in NEPA, and very quickly might I add.  I've been rocking some tanks and shorts more frequently.  
Sleep: Sleep is starting to get rough.  Even though I go to bed very tired, I have difficulty going to sleep.  I am starting to get uncomfortable which is making me toss and turn.  Either because I'm uncomfortable or my body feels it's time to get up.  Some times it's rough going back to sleep.
Movement: Yes and it is amazing.  She is getting very active and the movement is more noticeable now that she is getting bigger.  I even felt her stretch out over the weekend and she did have the hiccups once already.
Food cravings:  cereal....I don't know what it is but that is all I want to eat.  I have been good in restraining for dinner, but that has been my breakfast and lunch meals.  
Food aversions: none really.  
Gender: It's a girl.
Symptoms:  Getting more fatigued through out the week (especially when I'm a bit more active around the house cleaning and such), swollen ankles, leg cramps, back aches.  I've been getting more clumsy and forgetful as the weeks progress.  I think I'm starting to nest.  
Best moment this week:  Still going to say my nesting.  My house is becoming more cleaner and organized....J is thrilled about this "symptom"    
What I am looking forward to:  Setting up our Little One's crib and nursery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment