Saturday, May 5, 2012

3 Hour GTT

This morning I got up at the crack of dawn to get my 3 hour glucose tolerance test done.  All I have to say is that I hope I never have to go through that again.  Aside from drinking that marvelous drink, having your blood taken every hour takes a toll on your body....especially when you are fasting.  I think my roughest part was the first hour where I got really lightheaded from the drink.  But that quickly passed.  The next couple of hours were ok and the best part was that I actually had entertainment in this lab compared to my other one.  I got to spend my time in another waiting room with a tv.  So, it wasn't all that bad.  I did bring some snacks for afterwards because I planned on going to Target to pick up a few things.  I needed a dress for my baby shower and an egg slicer.  While I was going through Target, I almost passed out.  I broke out in this horrible sweat and got really dizzy.  So I really don't think my snacks worked too well.  After my Target trip, I stopped at Panera Bread to pick up lunch.  From that point on, I started to get really punchy.  I was just getting irritated by the smallest things.  Especially when I realized that Panera forgot my chips!!!  I was going to eat them on my trip home.  But now I'm home, I feel a bit better...still have a bit of a headache, but I ate and am much more pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment