Saturday, March 10, 2012

Drum roll Please......

*Que the drums*.....


J and I are having a girl!!!  We are beyond thrilled.

The anatomy scan went very well yesterday.  Heart, brain, and all organs working very well.  We saw her arms, legs, fingers, and toes.  And I must say, I think we have a bit of a show off.  There were a few instances when the u/s was on her profile, she seemed to have a few "look mom and dad, see what I can do" moments.  She would grab at her feet and throw her feet above her head quite often.  It also took our technician awhile to get the "money shot".  Our girl kept her legs crossed throughout the beginning of the exam, trying to leave us in suspense a bit longer.  I'm starting to feel her becoming more active as time goes on....day and night.  It's very exciting.

In a way I feel we are really lucky too.  A lot of friends are already offering to give us their baby stuff that they don't use anymore for their little girls.  A few of J's friends just had girls last year and my co-worker that I'm very close with.  So I feel that we will be saving a boat load of money, but that will be determined down the road.  The shocking news of all is that J wants to have another after this one.

So for a brief update.  I am 20 weeks and 2 days along...halfway there!  I still can't eat fried foods, I still get sick.  I'm starting to feel more movement now.  My navel is getting shallower.  I feel that I don't really have any cravings...ok I lie.  The news had a segment on oreo's 100th anniversary and I had a sudden craving for them.  So while I was grocery shopping today, I bought some double stuffed.

Profile with legs crossed

Right Foot

Stretching her neck

This is where she throws her feet over her head

No comments:

Post a Comment