Saturday, October 15, 2011

Another Milestone Reached..

Today I turn 30.  I don't know why, but it just depresses me.  Well one reason is that I'm not a mother yet...at least not to a human child.  Another reason may be because I do not feel accomplished.  Yeah I have a degree and a full time job; however, it is not in my field.  Looking back on my life, I feel I could have accomplished more and been more.  I'm not sure what it is about 30, but it is making me reflect and it sucks.  I usually don't do anything special for my birthday anymore, not since 21.  Today J and I are going to my co-workers wedding and that should be about it.  Last night I got a dinner at the Olive Garden, I haven't been there literally in years.  That has been the extent of my birthdays the last 5 years with some shopping.  Hopefully I'll snap out of this funk and enjoy the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment