Sunday, May 1, 2011

Home Renovations

I'm actually going to steer away from IF talk, at least for today.  J and I are starting to renovate our home...at least on the inside.  We've been working on the outside to make it just a little nicer and private.  We live in a rural community outside of our town although it is relatively quiet, we get alot of nosey people during the summer when we try to entertain.  Plus it may help keep the dog in the yard when we don't have him chained.  Anyways, the original owners of the house decided to put down carpet only to cover up beautiful hardwood floors.  We're trying to get as much done before I ever become pregnant.  J is doing this all himself to save a little bit of money (I think he just wants to say he did it, that whole male pride thing and accomplishment ya know).  Anywho...here are some photos of our upstairs hallway and spare room.
hallway

spare room
Comaprison of floors (redone and not redone)
In our little community, there are rules and regulations for fences.  We are only allowed to have low fences the are spaced 3 inches apart from each piece, low chain-linked fence, or a natural tree fence.  Well, the most obvious decision for us was the natural tree fence.  That way we can get the privacy we want without break town rules.  We've been slowly putting them in over the past 2 years and I think we're finally done.  Well, the back border we may want to put in another row in between the existing ones to make it kind of look like a wall.

Border by one neighbors (my little man in the picture)

Back border along the street

Border along the other neighbors side
Now all I have to do is move those rocks that are pictured above and plant grass seed.  Then the yard should be almost done.

2 comments:

  1. Hey..I am your newest follower from Growing a Poppy! What beautiful hard woods! Who in their right mind would cover those up! I would love to see that under my carpet. Unfortunatley, the only thing that I would see is plywood. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in complete shock. We were going to redo our floors eventually and were stunned when we saw the floors. The previous owners were mad!

    ReplyDelete