Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm a Mommy!!

On Friday, July 27 2012 at 9:37 pm I became a mom to my precious little girl.  8 lbs 1 oz 22 in long

Birth Story
Friday I was going into work and decided not to clear a curb going into my building.  I did a face dive into the sidewalk.  Luckily, my co-workers saw me and were quick to react.  911 was called for an ambulance and called again to cancel it (by the time they would have gotten there, I would have my child already).  One of my doctors that I worked with called my OB and I had to go to labor and delivery to be evaluated.  The resident contacted my OB and decided it was time to have a baby.  I was admitted at 11:00 am and my water was broken by my doctor.  My little girl gave everyone quite a few scares.  She was not handling the contractions too well.  Her heart rate would jump from 147 to below 100.  NICU was notified and MFM was consulted.  MFM and my OB decided to use an internal monitor to get a better look, which was much better.  So I continued to labor down without much progression.  Her head was visible but would go back in after pushing.  Fortunately I was able to deliver without a c-section.  During routine lab work on her, her bilirubin was slightly high.  Her pediatrician was not concerned and wanted a repeat 1 day after discharge.  We were discharged on Sunday afternoon and have been getting used to being at home.  She had her repeat labs done yesterday and met with her doctor.  Doctor wasn't too concerned at this time since she is perfectly healthy.  Her labs came back and were still high at 15.  So back for more labs this morning and another doctor visit.  She is not symptomatic of jaundice, but still taking all precautions at this time.  Dr. D will be calling this afternoon with her new results and hopefully they have gone down.  She's still getting use to sleeping at home, but I feel she is doing well.  Compared to Sunday night, she's waking every 1.5-2 hours to eat.  Sunday night she was constantly up, I think I got a total of 1-2 hours of sleep.

Amaya Lynn

2 comments: