Monday, July 16, 2012

38 Week Update


How far along: 38 weeks, 4 days...10 days to go
Total weight gain/loss:  I haven't really been keeping up with my weight tracking.  At my last OB appointment I was up 20 lbs
How big is Baby: 
Baby is about the size of a pumpkin.
Maternity Clothes: Yes...That's all I can wear.  Even that is becoming slim pickins....
Sleep: Sleep is really rough now.  I am really uncomfortable which is making me toss and turn.  It is just tough finding a comfortable position that doesn't give me too much discomfort/pain.  Some times it's rough going back to sleep.  My body temperature is still creeping up.  We have the AC on with the ceiling fan and it still doesn't cut it for me.  So I have been back and forth from the bedroom and the living room on the recliner.  Not sure if I'd rather compromise some sleep for being somewhat cool or get some sleep (maybe) and be extremely hot.  
Movement: Yes....She's still very active.  Some of her movements are painful, there are times when I think she's kicking or punching my ribs.  Not sure how she's positioned anymore, but I know she's still pretty high up.  It's difficult to bend or move without some discomfort.  She is also very active when I'm busy at work.  It seems as though she wants to join in my "fun".  Her movements are more squirming than anything.  There's not too much room left for her to get some good kicks or punches to my sides.  There are times when I can feel a body part or two.  It's pretty neat.
Food cravings:  cravings are starting to go away.  still love freezy pops though
Food aversions: none really.  
Gender: It's a girl.
Symptoms:  Getting really fatigued through out the week (especially when I'm a bit more active around the house cleaning and such), swollen ankles, leg cramps, back aches, and a lot of bathroom trips.  I've been getting more clumsy and forgetful as the weeks progress.  Since it is getting very hot here, and very quickly, my body is starting to swell if I'm on my feet too long....or outside too long.  I'm starting to really feel heavy and really waddle.  At my appointment with my OB on Thursday I was dialated 2 cm.  Contractions are beginning, but are still low and very intermittent.  She needs to stay put until at least late Friday afternoon.  Still too much to finish at work to leave yet.
Best moment this week:  Still going to say my nesting.  My house is becoming more cleaner and organized....J is thrilled about this "symptom"    
What I am looking forward to:  Finally meeting her and bringing her home.






What I/we still need to do:
1) move out of LO room
2) put crib together
3) move other furniture into her room (started)
4) fix up changing table
5) buy a couple nursing bras/tanks
6) buy monitor
7) pack hospital bag (started)
8) buy activity gym and play mat
9) buy rug for LO's room
10) buy rug protector for floor
11) buy some diapers 

12) buy glider and ottoman
13) install car seat

No comments:

Post a Comment