Thursday, July 26, 2012

40 Week Update......Still Pregnant

How far along: 40 weeks and 0 days.....Due date.
Total weight gain/loss:  I haven't really been keeping up with my weight tracking.  At my last OB appointment I was 20 lbs total.  As of today, no more weight gain.
How big is Baby: Baby is about the size of a jackfruit.  
In month nine, the average fetus is about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds and measures about 18.9 to 20.19 inches (i hope she's not bigger than 8 lbs.)
Maternity Clothes: Yes...That's all I can wear.  Even that is getting slim.
Sleep: Sleep is getting rough....we'll leave it at that.
Movement: Yes....She's still moving around in there, although not as much.
Food cravings:  ehh not really
Food aversions: none really.  
Gender: It's a girl.
Symptoms:  Getting more fatigued through out the week (especially when I'm a bit more active around the house cleaning and such), swollen ankles, leg cramps, back aches.  I've been getting more clumsy and forgetful as the weeks progress.   My body is swelling if I'm on my feet too long....or outside too long.  Getting cranky...Still some small contractions...nothing painful yet.  Today I am 5 cm dilated and 90% effaced.  Scheduled induction for next Thursday just in case.
Best moment this week:  Still going to say my nesting.  My house is becoming more cleaner and organized....J is thrilled about this "symptom"    
What I am looking forward to:  finally meeting her..



I must say that I really did enjoy being pregnant.  I honestly have no complaints about it.  I felt it was an amazing process and am extremely blessed that I actually got to experience it.  Now we are just anxiously awaiting our little girl.  Whether she will come on her own or be forced out.....I honestly think she is WAY to comfortable in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment