Monday, August 20, 2012

3 1/2 Weeks Postpartum


Today is about 3 1/2 weeks postpartum and things are going well.  I am down to my prepregnancy weight, so I am down about 23 pounds.  I started doing small exercises last Friday (some abs, squats, etc) and today I started an actual workout.  It went ok.  I had to modify a bit since I am really out of shape and the girls hurt when I jump.  Miss Amaya decided to chime in half way through and felt the need to eat (even though she had just fed not that long ago).  Friday is my first visit back to the OB and hopefully I'll get some exercise clearances.  I decided to buy the Insanity workout DVD midway through my pregnancy, I must have been crazy.  But I am excited to start the workout....and scared.  Most likely I won't be able to start that for another few weeks yet, I still have a few episiotomy sutures left.

Last week I began pumping to start a small stash.  I must say that I'm not a fan of pumping, neither is Amaya, but it must be done.  She tends to sense when I am pumping and starts crying.  So far I have about 16 oz stored in the freezer.  Next task is to start sterilizing a few bottles and pacifiers with introduction of them.

Baby Update

Amaya is doing very well.  She is gaining weight and getting heavy, she really likes to eat.  She returns to the pediatrician next week for her 1 month check and weight check (technically it will be a 5 week follow up).  Around that time frame, I will introduce the bottle and pacifier to her.  This way we can go out without me finding a private place to feed or running to the car.  And it will help when I return to work in October.  Today I decided to test size 1 diapers on her...we had 2 blow outs today.  So far, so good...although I'm not too thrilled about Huggies brand right now.  They don't fit her as well as the Pampers do.  They don't leak or anything...I just don't like how they fit.  I also started putting a few of her newborn onsies away.  She can fit in some of her newborn and a few of the 0-3 outfits.  I'll give her one more week until all of her newborn clothes are away.  

She is a great sleeper at night.  We tend to have 4-5 hour stretches until she wakes up to be changed and fed.  During the day, she is now becoming more alert and awake during the day.  She'll have a stretch during the day and evening of being wide awake.  From the day we brought her home, she loved to nap in her pack-n-play bassinet.  But ever since last week, she will last about 15 minutes until she starts crying.  Now her favorite place is her swing, bouncy chair, and car seat.  I think she may be uncomfortable in the bassinet so I just ordered a quilted sheet from Babies R Us.  Hopefully that will make it a bit more comfortable for her.  I don't really like her sleeping in the swing or chair all the time, it doesn't allow her to stretch out or anything.

The next big thing we need to do yet is figure out her baptism.  Godmother is set, but we still need to figure out the godfather as well as contact the priest.  J will need to do that since I am not Catholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment