Monday, February 14, 2011

Tonight I Got......A little rant

"You're trying to hard" from my grandmother.  First from my mother now my grandmother.  To start my gram decides to call me without her hearing aid in.  So I have to shout into the phone and she still doesn't understand me.  So we began to talk about work.  She asked how I was and I replied "stressed and tired".  She goes and says "Oh, you're just trying to hard.  I think you're talking about what I'm thinking about".  I automatically knew she was talking about my TTC because that is all she talks about with me.  I got automatically offended.  I replied "No, I'm talking about work not getting pregnant"  WTF.  Since when does saying you're stressed and tired correlate with TTGP?!  I'm glad I got that cleared up.  Here I thought that it was work and lack of sleep that was causing this.  Geez, if it's not when are you going to get pregnant it's you're trying to hard.  Stick with a comment people!!!  My body must be getting confused because everyone is sending me mixed signals.  Please make up your minds so I can tell my body.  Ok....yeah...thanks....

3 comments:

  1. I swear, the words "your trying to hard, and just relax and it will happen" should be banned from anyones vocab that is talking to people having ttc.. People should be required to read a book on what not to say... lol

    Hold your head up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA. Yeah I know. There really needs to be a guide book for the extended family.."How to Deal With Your Loved Ones Infertility. A Guid on What to and What Not to Say". Ughh, honestly. But I have been doing better the past couple of days. Thank!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh.. I got this in the beginning of my TTC journey. Really? REALLY? Trying to hard as in.. what? Wanting it too badly? With ANYTHING else in life, the harder you try - the more people commend you for being resiliant, determined, dedicated. But with TTGP it's "you're trying too hard". That LITERALLY makes no sense. I agree with Aime32 - someone needs to write a book "What to Say to An Infertile Loved One to Get You Slapped in the Head" LOL!! GL with your journey, I'll be following your blog and KMFX for you! <3

    ReplyDelete